Do you want to help shape the path of mobile payments by working on the latest technology in a fast-paced and rewarding environment? Samsung Pay, Inc. is a groundbreaking mobile payment service that is taking mobile payments and ecommerce to new levels. Samsung Pay is the only mobile payment system that works with both Near Field Communication (NFC) and a new proprietary technology called Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST), enabling people to use their mobile device to pay at nearly all locations that you can tap or swipe your card. We at Samsung Pay, Inc. have also been working to add additional features such as gift cards, membership cards, local deals & offers, and now a Samsung Rewards program. We are relentless when it comes to delivering the utmost in convenience and security for consumers.
We have many exciting opportunities to help further advance our technology, build out new partnerships with merchants & financial institutions and continuously drive public awareness about the amazing features and benefits of Samsung Pay.
Come join Samsung Pay’s team, where you can realize your impact in real time!
Samsung Pay, Inc. seeks a Business Development professional with an MBA and experience identifying, quantifying, and executing new opportunities in some of the key trends in the rapidly changing fintech world. The Business Development Director will be responsible for mapping new business opportunities to the objectives of the business, working closely with internal tech and marketing teams.
This candidate will be responsible in administrating the pipeline of opportunities including:
- Evaluating and defining new opportunities
- Assess partnerships
- Coordinate with product teams and manage go-to-market activities in addition to business development
- The candidate will build and leverage relationships using strategic insights from key market trends, internal capabilities, and external partner ability to do great things together.
- Understanding how to work within the ecosystem of merchant and financial institution partners will be a key asset.
- Passionate about mobile payment, the candidate will help us analyze the best opportunities through research, analysis, detailed quantification of opportunities, and prioritized against others.
- Strategic-minded, goal-driven, with good process execution skills and quantitative background to drive analysis, the candidate will drive initiatives with external partners, key merchants but also coordinate internally all initiatives for regular reporting.
- The candidate will participate in a large initiative to become a disruptive force behind new and innovative industry movement.
- They will be comfortable working in a start-up living within a larger company.
- Must not be afraid to challenge the status quo, but capable of understanding how to navigate internal decision-making
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Analyze data and key trends in mobile and digital payments
- Drive data analysis, evaluate Samsung’s opportunity to participate
- Communicate well, and bring other internal stakeholders on the team
- Drives reporting on all business development initiatives, frequently presenting to senior executives
- Drive discussions with partners that help us accelerate our user base and growth
- Coordinate go-to-market activities in cross-functional teams and take leadership role in coordinating the piece parts
- Coordinate executive presentations required to gain support for new initiatives.
- Build business cases and presentations to advocate for funding; track performance/ROI.
- Establish strong internal partnerships to collaboratively define responsibilities for various partner outcomes with internal teams.
- Work with other internal teams on execution of chosen initiatives.
Qualifications and Skills:
- The candidate brings proven strategy and business development experience in digital payments, working client relationship management and internal stakeholder management to drive change. In addition, the candidate possesses excellent communication skills, as well as critical problem solving skills.
- 7+ years sales operation/or business development experience with merchants related initiatives.
- Detail oriented, familiar working complex contracts, working with legal and tech teams
- Good commercial mindset, with budget and P&L experience
- Prior experience working in digital payments and strategic partnerships
- (MBA) post-graduate degree is desired.
- Ability to collaborate and influence internally and externally
- Build relationships across all segments within the client's organization
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with high level of success/achievement
- Demonstrated ability to manage internal and external resources and cross-functional teams