About Samsung Pay:
Do you want to help shape the path of mobile payments by working on the latest technology in a fast-paced and rewarding environment? Samsung Pay, Inc. is a groundbreaking mobile payment service that is taking mobile payments and ecommerce to new levels. Samsung Pay is the only mobile payment system that works with both Near Field Communication (NFC) and a new proprietary technology called Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST), enabling people to use their mobile device to pay at nearly all locations that you can tap or swipe your card. We at Samsung Pay, Inc. have also been working to add additional features such as gift cards, membership cards, local deals & offers, and now a Samsung Rewards program. We are relentless when it comes to delivering the utmost in convenience and security for consumers.
We have many exciting opportunities to help further advance our technology, build out new partnerships with merchants & financial institutions and continuously drive public awareness about the amazing features and benefits of Samsung Pay.
Come join Samsung Pay’s team, where you can realize your impact in real time!
Strategy and Business Development Sr. Manager
The Samsung Pay Financial Institutions’ (FI) team is looking for a dynamic and experienced Strategy and Business Development Sr. Manager to join the team. Located in Silicon Valley and the East Coast and organized directly under the Chief Commercialization Officer for Samsung Pay, this team is responsible for bringing new financial institutions onto Samsung Pay in the US and Canada while also managing the ongoing FI relationships and growing the Samsung Pay business.
Senior Manager of Strategy and Business Development
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Strategy and Business Development Sr. Manager will be responsible for strategy and account management of top US Financial Institution Partners including- Major Payment Networks, Issuers, Processors and other Financial Institution Partners in the US and Canada.
In this position, you will be responsible for the following:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Financial Institution Partners in US and/or Canada and ensure contractual compliance and notification after contract signing
- Lead the performance of Financial Institutions on Samsung Pay, engaging in strategic discussions to support continued growth of Samsung Pay through activities such as:
- Managing data reporting and performance analysis
- Organizing quarterly strategic reviews
- Identifying and developing opportunities for collaboration and partnership
- Partnering closely with the marketing team to drive co-marketing activities, promotional campaigns & events
- Partner with technical PMO team to solve product performance issues including scheduling and PMO (Project Management Office) issues across multi-generational launches, product enhancements, announcements, modifications, Information Security Issues (PCI Compliance, PII matters, breach claims.
- Advocate and manage material modifications to Samsung Pay
- Develop business plans and engagement plans
- Report on financial and operational performance
- Advocate the needs and concerns of Financial institutions
- Collaborate with global payment teams as required to drive growth of Samsung Pay globally
Qualifications & Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors required, MBA preferred or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of relevant work experience including experience in Card Payments/ Financial Services and experience with execution and management of complex contracts/partnerships required
- Experience in strategy consulting or corporate strategy group experience a plus
- Experience with relevant technologies and the competitive dynamics of the payments and mobile industry landscape a plus. At a minimum must be comfortable understanding and communicating technology changes to partners
- Proven ability to align key internal and external stakeholders and galvanize multiple different stakeholders towards common objectives
- Superior collaboration and presentation skills with the ability to work effectively and cultivate relationships across internal and external partners
- Excellent communications both written and verbal and display of clear thinking process
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines across time zones when required, and handle high volume in a time-sensitive framework with strong sense of urgency, accuracy and customer focus
- Must be a team player, collaborating and supporting different Samsung Pay teams